Policy for EXAMINAR:
1. An examiner for a collegiate programme should be a lecturer or above in a college of nursing with Master Degree in concerned subject and minimum of 03 years of teaching experience in collegiate programme. To be an examiner for nursing foundations course faculty having Master Degree with any speciality will be considered.
2. An examiner for B.Sc.(N) program shall be only M.Sc (N) qualified faculty.
3. One internal and one external examiner should jointly conduct practical examination for each student for UG courses. For PG Course one internal from the university and one external from outside the university (other University).
4. Final year marks shall be withheld till the candidate completes required attendance for practicals.
5. For Dissertation internal examiner should be the guide and the external examiner should be nursing faculty/ nursing expert in the same clinical speciality holding Ph.D./ M.Phil./ M.Sc (N) with a minimum 03 years experience in guiding the research projects for Post Graduate students of Nursing.
Policy for PAPER SETTERS:
1. The question paper setters need to submit the answer keys along with the questions.
2. The two sets of question papers need to prepare at the time.
3. The question papers need to be submitted as soon as possible.
4. Need to maintain confidentiality.
5. The paper setters should not withheld the copy of question papers.
Policy for INVIGILATORS:
Invigilation is one of the most important tasks required to be performed during the conduct of an examination. Impartial invigilation helps not only to check the use of unfair means but also to keep the morale of the candidates. A set of guidelines for the invigilators are given below:
The invigilator should
1 .Report to the chief superintendent one hour before the commencement of the examination.
2.Permit the candidates to enter the Examination Hall one hour(Long Bell) before the commencement of the examination.
3. Collect the answer books from the chief superintendent, count them and the defective answer books if any, are to be got replaced by good ones.
4. Carry the question papers from the confidential room to the examination room only in packets.
5.Since the OMR answer books are to be scanned, care should be taken for not folding the sheet or making any stray marks on the sheet.
6. Help the candidates to locate their seats. After the candidates are seated, enquire whether any of them are in possession of mobile phones, calculators or digital diary or any other electronic equipment. If any of the candidates are in possession of these items, instruct the candidate to keep it outside the room.
7.Candidates shall be admitted only if they have a valid Admit card and the ID card issued by the University. If not, advise them to meet the chief superintendent for necessary guidelines.
8.Verify the identity of the candidate through the photograph on the Admit Card and ID card issued by the University and get the attendance sheet signed by them.
9.Ensure that no person, other than chief superintendent, Invigilators, Observer/ Squad are entering the Examination Hall.
10.Distribute the answer book half an hour before the commencement of the examination (2 strokes bell) and direct them to fill the Registration Number, darken the ovals, write their names, sign on the space provided and other entries in appropriate place on the second page of the answer book. The invigilator shall sign on the answer book only after verifying that the details filled in by the candidates are correct.
11.The Invigilator shall sign in the space provided in the Part I of the Answer Books and also fill up the details in the Part III of the Answer Books.
12.Distribute the question paper at 3 strokes bell and ask the candidates to start writing.
13. After the lapse of each hour (single stroke bell),announce, "one hour is over ,"two hours are over" etc.
14. Five minutes before the closing of the examinations, announce "last 5 minutes" and do not allow any candidate to leave the room. After the examination time is over (3 stroke bell) ask the candidates to stop writing and put their pen down..
15. Ensure that the candidates put 'X' marks in unused pages of the answer booklet.
16. Collect the answer books and arrange them in the order of register numbers and hand over the same along with invigilators' diary and unused answer books, if any, to the chief superintendent. Report to the chief superintendent before leaving the examination premises.
17. No candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid Admit card and ID card issued by the University. Invigilators should check the Admit card and identify the candidate.
18.Candidates shall be admitted to the examination room one hour before the scheduled time and should be asked to take their seats in accordance with the seating plan. All candidates shall enter the examination hall 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination. No candidates shall be permitted to enter the examination hall after this stipulated time.
19.Arrangement will be made by the chief superintendent to issue duplicate Admit cards for students who have not received the original Admit card or in case where the original is lost, provided her/his name is included in the nominal roll issued by the University.
20.No candidates shall be allowed to leave the examination hall until 30 minutes before the completion of the examination.
21.The invigilators should keep utmost vigilance during the course of examination. They should not indulge in talking in the verandas, use mobile phones or read books in the examination room.
22.Ensure that strict silence is maintained in the examination hall. Talking amongst candidates, borrowing of materials etc should be strictly forbidden.
23.Do not give any clarifications to the candidates regarding mistake in the question paper, mode of answering etc. If any candidates brings to the notice of the invigilator, any ambiguity/ complaints regarding questions, like spelling mistakes, repetition of questions and out of syllabus questions, ask the candidates to give it in writing to the Chief Superintendent, who in turn, will forward the same to the Nodal Officer for further action.
24.Allow the use of logarithm tables, calculators etc only if the use of these are permitted as per the instructions given in the question paper.
25.Do not allow mobile phones or any other electronic equipment in the examination hall. The candidates may be allowed to enter he room only with Admit card, ID card writing material.
26. Keep alert, vigilant and check the use of unfair means in the examination hall. If any candidate indulges in unfair means, immediately take in custody the answer book and make a report to the chief superintendent who in turn will forward the same to the Controller of Examinations.
27. It is the duty of the Invigilator to ensure that candidates are not written any identification marks in the Answer Books other than in the Part I.
28. Ensure that no person, other than the Chief Superintendent, Assistant Chief Superintendent /Observer /Squad is permitted to enter the examination hall.
29. Ensure that the drinking water is available inside the Examination Hall so that the Students can have access to it.
30. Do not allow any candidates to write on the question paper. Advice them to use the last page of the answer book for rough work.
31. Do not allow refreshments for the candidates in the examination hall.
32. Do not make any correction in the Register number written by candidates on his/ her answer book. Ask him/ her to correct it and then countersign it.