Introduction of University
Mahayogi Gorakhnath, the Pravartak of the Nathpanth, has a revered place in the saint tradition of India. In the spiritual tradition of India, the credit of spreading the knowledge of KriyaYoga to the people goes to the Mahayogi Guru Gorakhnath and Nath Yogis. Mahayogi Guru Gorakhnath , the pravartak of the Nathpanth, is considered to be an Yug-Pravartak saint. Mahayogi Gorakhnath, the forerunner of social change in India, gave a unique formula of health and worship to man along with the purification of human body-mind-brain and soul. The Nathpanth, promoted by Guru Shri Gorakhnath, is a guide to Nishkam Karmayoga, considering the service dedicated to the welfare of the people as a spiritual practice.
Shri Gorakhnath Temple is the place of penance of Mahayogi Shri Gorakhnath Ji. It is a popular belief that the Mahant of Shri Gorakhnath Temple and Shri Gorakshapeeth is the representative of Guru Shri Gorakhnath Ji. This penance place of the Yug-Pravartak Mahayogi Gorakhnath, has been expanding its philanthropic role ever since. In the modern era, Brahmaleen Mahant Digvijainath Ji Maharaj made education and medicine a part of service. The establishment of Maharana Pratap Shiksha Parishad in the year 1932 was the beginning of this ideological establishment. Brahmaleen Mahant Digvijainath Ji Maharaj, who created educational and training institutions from primary to higher education, paved the way for the establishment of Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
Brahmaleen Mahant Avedyanath Ji Maharaj, carrying forward this glorious legacy of Shri Gorakshapeeth and Shri Gorakhnath Temple, laid the foundation stone of an effective role in the field of allopathic medicine with the establishment of 'Guru Shri Gorakshnath Chikitsalaya Samiti'. The establishment of Guru Shri Gorakshnath Chikitsalaya in continuation of Digvijainath Ayurvedic College, Digvijainath Ayurvedic Chikitsalaya was an important step in service, in the medical field of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Mahayogi Shri Gorakhnath and his glorious legacy of social service and upliftment of down-trodden is being taken up to next level through the establishment of Mahayogi Gorakhnath University Gorakhpur. This revolutionary academic endeavour amalgamating Yoga, Ayurveda, medical education, higher studies in different disciplines of humanities, physical sciences, technical education, skill development courses and employment oriented vocational courses/curriculums should further advance and improve the social welfare infrastructure rather a kind of revolution in the various fields of education and health services in this neglected region.
The vision and aim of establishing Mahayogi Gorakhnath University Gorakhpur
- To develop a world class modern institution having state of the art technology/facilities and infrastructure maintaining highest level standards in the field of education in various fields viz humanities, physical sciences & technology, medical, services in healthcare and agriculture, skill development programmes and development of the advanced cutting edge infrastructure with a view to encourage the advance basic and applied research and development in the above mentioned disciplines keeping in view the local health related and other socio economic requirements and problems.
- Establishment of specific institutions related to all the genres of medicine from the conventional to modern which should be engaged in Research & Development in all the aforementioned fields. Moreover they should provide the technical education and vocational skills in the various fields keeping in mind the local resources and requirements.
- To encourage study and research of ancient and modern streams of theoretical and practical knowledge pertaining to the different fields of education and health.
- To establish Healthcare institutions and hospitals of the various streams of Allopathy, Yoga, Ayurveda etc. within one campus which will be engaged in teaching and research alongwith providing highly specialised advanced healthcare facilities at the affordable cost to the people of the region.
- These institutions shall also be encouraged to get engaged in research, training and further propagation of Modern medicine like Allopathy and its related streams.
- Teaching, training and research in nursing, pharmacy, paramedical and other healthcare related curriculum shall be developed and incorporated.
- An advanced specialized curriculum shall be developed and implemented for providing better health services and employment which is going to benefit the people of the region, especially the local population.
- Curriculum related to highly specialized branches of medical studies shall be prepared and further research and development shall be encouraged and promoted in this regard.
- Institutions linked to social welfare and health programmes shall be established in remote rural areas of the region.